Confirmed invited speakers for the Migration Conference 2021 London, UK:
Please sign up TMC Mail list – newsletter here.
The Migration Conference 2021 | 6 to 10 JULY 2021 ONLINE
Keynote Speakers at the TMC2021:
- Ruth Gomberg-Muñoz, Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, Loyola University Chicago, USA
- Theresa Alfaro-Velcamp, Emeritus Professor, Sonoma State University, USA
- James F. Hollifield, Director of the Tower Center for Public Policy and International Affairs at Southern Methodist University, Dallas, USA
- Pia M. Orrenius, Vice President and Senior Economist Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, USA
- Dr Rodolfo Cruz Piñeiro, Director, Departamento de Estudios de Población, El Colegio de la Frontera Norte, Mexico
- Hna. Leticia Gutiérrez Valderrama, General Director of Scalabrinianas Misión para Migrantes y Refugiados (SMR) sección México, México
In previous years, The Migration Conferences entertained distinguished scholars delivering keynote speeches including:
Dr Martina Cvajner, University of Trento, Italy , Dr Jelena Dzankic, Co-Director of the GLOBALCIT Network, European University Institute, Italy , Dr Nissa Finney, Reader in Human Geography, University of St Andrews, UK , Prof Elli Heikkilä, Research Director, Migration Institute of Finland, Finland , Agnes Igoye, Deputy National Coordinator Prevention of Trafficking in Persons, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Uganda , Helén Nilsson, Director, Nordic Council of Ministers Office in Lithuania , Giuseppe Brescia, MP, Member of Italian Chamber of Deputies, Parliamento Italiano, Italy , Markus Kotzur, Universität Hamburg, Germany , Philip L. Martin, University of California, Davis, USA , Karsten Paerregaard, Gothenburg University, Sweden , Jeffrey H. Cohen, Ohio State University, USA , Martin Ruhs, European University Institute, Florence, Italy , Carlos Vargas Silva, University of Oxford, UK , Sasskia Sassen, Columbia University, USA , Oded Stark, U of Bonn, Germany , Giuseppe Sciortino, University of Trento, Italy , Joaquin Arango, Complutense University of Madrid, Spain , Ruba Salih, SOAS, University of London, UK , Fiona B. Adamson, SOAS, University of London, UK , Pedro Calado, The High Commissioner for Migration, Lisbon, Portugal , Ferruccio Pastore, FIERI – Forum of International and European Research on Immigration, Italy , Michelle Leighton, International Labour Organization, Genève, Switzerland , Yuksel Pazarkaya, Novelist, Turkey , Caroline Brettell, Southern Methodist University, USA , Barry Chiswick, George Washington University, USA , Karen Phalet, KU Leuven, Belgium , Douglas S. Massey, Princeton University, USA , Ibrahim Sirkeci, Regent’s University London, UK [2014, 2016], Jeffrey H. Cohen, Ohio State University, USA [2012, 2015, 2018], Samim Akgonul, Strasbourg University, France , Kemal Kirisci, Bogazici University, Turkey , Nedim Gürsel, CNRS, CETOBaC & INALCO, France, Turkey , Philip L. Martin, University of California, Davis, USA [2014, 2015, 2018], Tariq Modood, University of Bristol, United Kingdom .